This Governors document shows all our governors and their positions.
Contact the Governors
You can contact any of the governors via the school. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to
For the attention of (Chair of Governors)
Henry Prince School and Nursery
What do the Governors do?
The National Governance Association says that the role of the board of governors is to:
- set the aims and objectives for the school
- set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- be a source of challenge and support to the headteacher
The headteacher is responsible for the internal organisation, management and control of the school and the implementation of the strategic framework established by the governors.
There are several types of governor:
- local authority (appointed by the local authority)
- parent (elected by parents)
- community (appointed by the governing body)
- foundation (appointed by the church)
- staff (elected by school staff)